Jordan the Missionary
This is a Facebook post I sent to one of my past seminary students who will be leaving for full time missionary service soon:
"Jordan, I simply can't convey to you my heart as well as I wish I could. You are an amazing young man and a highly favored son of you Father in Heaven. You have been ordained more than once to fulfill the missions of your life (this being a big one). I know that you will teach people who have been waiting for YOU. Trust the Spirit. Learn to listen to people on many levels. Use your unique gifts. Boldly testify with love. Work hard, and then be still. I mean it when I say that The Lord loves you, and so do I. I know by many sacred and powerful witnesses of The Holy Ghost that the Gospel you share and the priesthood you bear is true, singular, and real. What a privilege, responsibility, and unparalleled blessing is ours! HARRAH FOR ISRAEL!"
To which he replied: "Brother Winkler thank you so much for that. I needed to hear someone say that right now. You have been an amazing influence on my life, more than I think you really realize. I loved seminary and I learned so much from you. You are an amazing example to me and I appreciate all that you have done for me. I wish the best for you and your family and it was so great to see you the other day! I love and appreciate you so much! Thanks for everything!"
8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalms 16:8 - 11
Hope on!
No comments:
Post a Comment